Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Is there demo using asp in IIS?

I want to use ICE to develop B/S structure Application;
In Server side, I want to use ASP/C#. but I don't know how to use C# with ICE.The demo using C# is Client side but not web side.
thanks.

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

The C# demos from the Ice distribution demonstrate how to implement both an Ice server or client. For a minimal C# server and client, see the democs/Ice/minimal demo included in the Ice demo distribution.

On the ASP.NET side, Ice is typically used to perform invocations on other back-end servers, in this scenario it often acts as a "client". Do you have another use-case in mind?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks for your reply

I know the asp.net side how to call invoke the server.
    but if IIS call Ice Server every request, the IIS & server is overload.
    so I want the IIS side cache the Servant's Proxy(add the proxy to Session).

Has any other proposal?
    Thanks
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

You would need to detail a little more what is the issue you're trying to solve.

If you're trying to avoid creating the Ice communicator and proxies for each HTTP request, it shouldn't be very difficult. Typically, you could initialize and cache the communicator with the ASP.NET application state. You can also cache proxies with the session state (however, depending on the session state mode, this might involve transforming the proxies to strings and restoring the proxies from strings since Ice proxies aren't serializable).

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks,let's try.