Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Testsuite for debug builds

When doing a rebuild of Ice 3.5.1 against Python 2.7 I've got the Release builds building and all tests passing. However, when I do a Debug build, I'm getting an error running the tests:
*** running tests 35/86 in C:\jenkins\workspace\ICE35-WIN\VSARCH\x86\VSCONFIG\Debug\VSVERSION\vc100\src\Ice-3.5.1\cpp\test\Ice\timeout
*** configuration: Default 
*** test started: 06/10/14 12:27:26
starting server... ok
starting client... ok
testing connect timeout... failed!
AllTests.cpp:103: assertion `false' failed
unexpected exit status: expected: 0, got 3
('test in C:\\jenkins\\workspace\\ICE35-WIN\\VSARCH\\x86\\VSCONFIG\\Debug\\VSVERSION\\vc100\\src\\Ice-3.5.1\\cpp\\test\\Ice\\timeout failed with exit status', 1)
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\jenkins\venv\27-x86\Scripts\python.EXE' : return code '0x1'
Stop.

Is this expected? Should the tests pass for debug builds? I have OPTIMIZE=no set in all the Make.rules.mak makefiles.

Many thanks,
Roger Leigh

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Roger,

All tests of the test suite are expected to succeed for both debug and release builds.

This test is just a C++ test, unrelated to Python (except that the test scripts are written in Python).

If you like, you could build "Ice for Python" using the Ice 3.5.1 C++ binaries installed from the Ice MSI ... you can but don't need to build Ice for C++ in order to build "Ice for Python".

Best regards,
    Bernard