Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Object Adapter configuration definition.

I have the following defined as the configuration string for the ObjectAdapter in a client:

SupportServer.Proxy=agentService:ssl -h 127.0.0.1 -p 10000

I am aware that the SupportServer.Proxy name is used by the this.Communicator.propertyToProxy() method to retrieve this value and create from it a proxy object that can be used to make remote calls to a service implementing the methods defined in the returned proxy.

I am not able to locate in the documentation the significance of the 'agentService' value in the overall configuration string. If I change it to anything else, the propertyToProxy() fails (throws an Ice.ObjectNotExistException).

I wonder if someone could provide additional clarification on the use and significance of this portion of the endpoint definition. Is there a correlation to generated code? Is there a correlation to other configuration data?

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Hi,

"agentService" is the stringified Ice::Identity that was used to register the object with the ObjectAdapter in your server. In order for your application to work the identity configured in the proxy must match that used in the ObjectAdapter.

See here for documentation on proxy configuration syntax.

Regards,
    Dwayne