Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problems installing the demo applications for Ice-3.6 in Kubuntu 14.10

Dear developers.

I am trying to install the demo applications for Ice-3.6 in Kubuntu 14.10.

First I installed the zeroc-ice-all-runtime, zeroc-ice-all-dev and db5.3-util binary packages as described in the Using the Linux Binary Distributions (Section "Installing Ice on Ubuntu 14").

Then I downloaded the demos from the beta-download page and extracted the contents to a directory.

Finally I tried:
user@JVA-H730:~/workspace/Ice-3.6b-demos/java$ ./gradlew build

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Script '/home/user/workspace/Ice-3.6b-demos/java/gradle/ice.gradle' line: 202

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating script.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':demoManualEvictorFilesystem:runtime'.
   > Neither path nor baseDir may be null or empty string. path='' basedir='/home/user/workspace/Ice-3.6b-demos/java/Manual/evictor_filesystem'

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Any hint?

Regards,
J.

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    I expect the issue is that the BerkeleyDB jar file cannot be found by the build system. Have you installed the db53-java package?

Regards
  • Hi Dwayne.
    dwayne wrote: »
    I expect the issue is that the BerkeleyDB jar file cannot be found by the build system. Have you installed the db53-java package?
    Regards

That was the issue, thanks. I had to install the libdb5.3-java package, though (Ubuntu). Perhaps a note in the "Installing Ice on Ubuntu 14" would be helpful for other newbies :).

Thanks for the assistance and kind regards.
    J.