Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice jars with ivy/maven/gradle

Hi guys,

Sorry if I've just missed this. With the work you've been doing on the ant and gradle build system integration, I was wondering if the Ice jars are/will available from a service such as Maven Central (or an equivalent) so that a resolver such as ivy (or directly with maven or gradle) can fetch them on demand.

Thanks,
Roger

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi,

We host a public maven repository at http://www.zeroc.com:8081/nexus/index.html
  • Thanks! I'll give this a try.
  • joegeorge
    joegeorge Jupiter, Florida
    Hi rleigh,

The url for the nexus repository should be https://repo.zeroc.com/nexus. The other url will work but we're trying to move away from it.

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Super, thanks. I can see all the artifacts for all the recent Ice releases in nexus. However, I can't see any reference to the "db-5.3.28" jar also installed with Ice, unless I'm just looking in the wrong places. Is that available in your nexus repo as well? Or is it available elsewhere--I'm having trouble finding it externally as well.

Thanks again,
    Roger
  • joegeorge
    joegeorge Jupiter, Florida
    Hi rleigh,

We can not provide a db-5.3.28 jar because it requires the corresponding C library, so you will have to install it separately.

Which platform are you using?
  • Ah OK, that certainly makes sense. We're using a variety of different platforms (Linux, MacOS, Windows, some FreeBSD). I'll have to investigate our use of it further.
  • One (hopefully last!) question here.

Looking at your releases in nexus, there aren't any freeze jars for Ice 3.5.1 and earlier (3.6b and 3.6.0 only, from what I can see). Is this by design, or is it planned to add them?

Thanks again,
    Roger
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    This was just an oversight, thanks for bringing it to our attention. The Freeze jars for 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 are now in the repository.
  • Thanks! Would it be possible to add the 3.4.2 version as well?
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    The 3.4.2 Freeze jar is up as well now.
  • Many thanks, this is really much appreciated.