Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problem running old ICE projects (3.5) after installing ICE 3.6

Hello,

I am unable to run my CPP project which was based on ICE 3.5 after I installed to 3.6. It is not a visual studio project but I am using CMake to build visual studio 2013 project. I am configuring the ICE properties using CMake and not via the Visual studio add-in.

Below are the steps that I followed :

1. Without uninstalling ICE 3.5, I installed ICE 3.6. ('PATH' variable is still pointing to ICE3.5)
2. I tried to reuse the same Cmake to build my project.

Though the build is fine, I get the error that the program is unable to find the entry point in ice35.dll(screenshot attached).

Could someone please help. Thanks.

Cheers,
Murthy

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi,

Seems that you are not linking with the correct Ice library but It's difficult to say with out more info, can you post the build and link commands for your application and the value of your PATH environment variable.
  • Thanks for the response.

Installed Ice is found using "FindIce.cmake". Here is the find package code for Ice
    find_package(Ice
    REQUIRED Ice
    IceUtil
    )

Linking of Ice libraries are done as bellow
    target_include_directories(${MyCPPProject} ${Ice_INCLUDE_DIRS})
    target_link_libraries(${MyCPPProject} ${Ice_LIBRARIES})

And PATH variable :
    PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\bin;....

Cmake is used to generate Visual Studio Project, source files are built using generated Visual studio project. After the generation of visual studio project I can see ice and iceutil libraries added project Linker and "C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\include" added to project Includes.

Cheers,
    Murthy
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    The PATH environment variable seems wrong, for 3.5.1 with Visual Studio 2013 it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\bin\vc120 the library directory must be C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.5.1\lib\vc120.

See https://doc.zeroc.com/display/Ice35/Using+the+Windows+Binary+Distribution#UsingtheWindowsBinaryDistribution-C++
  • Thank you xdm. It worked :)