Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Editing registered servant in registry

Was curious if I run 2 identical servants on 2 different hosts that connect to 2 different ice registries, and one servant dies, could I edit the registry to point to the running servant? So clients connected to failed servants register would route to the running one?

Also as I am obviously hacking some DR scenario what is best method to smoothly do this?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

The IceGrid::Admin interface allows adding, updating or removing the endpoints associated with the object adapter of a server if this server is not actively managed by an IceGrid node so if you are not using the IceGrid deployment mechanism and IceGrid nodes, yes you could update the object adapter endpoints manually in order to redirect the client requests to the new server.

That said, why are you using 2 IceGrid registries? Why not simply use a single IceGrid registry and replica groups for the object adapters of your 2 servers? With replica groups, you wouldn't have to do anything, the client would fallback automatically to the remaining server if one of the server goes down.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

• Thanks very much. I will look into setting the replica groups as this use case arises as well where we want dynamics redirection.