Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Builder compatibility in VS Community 2015

Hi there,

is the Ice Builder supported for VS Community 2015? I want to build a C# UWA project but when I click 'Add Ice Builder to project' nothing happens. No slice folder generated, no entry in my properties.

Anything I can do wrong there?

Best regards

Markus

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi,

The builder is expected to work with VS Community edition, note that the builder doesn't add any Slice folders to the project. Once the builder has been added to a projet you must be able to set the builder configuration as described in Ice Builder Configuration for a C# Project

Doesn't the "Ice Builder" page shows up in your project property pages?
  • Hello Jose,

no, the page doesn't show up.

I tried reinstalling everything, but still no success. When I did the installation I was doing this with a standard user account. I now switched to a admin account hoping this might be the problem.

I start a new program using the 'Visual C# -> Windows -> Unsiversal' template. After clicking 'Add' my project property page looks like in the attachment (sorry it's in German)
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    We just support standard C# projects, we don't yet support UWA with Ice Builder for C#, the reason is that Ice for .NET doesn't support UWA yet.

Ice for C++ supports UWA and the Ice Builder does support UWA C++ applications too.