Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Location of IcePHP.so file in 16.04 LTS

jiffypop45
edited July 2016 in Help Center

I'm attempting to use ice with a murmer server. I'm having issues locating where the IcePHP.so file is located. I've installed Ice via the instructions on the main page for ubuntu. I didn't have any installation issues. My phpinfo file shows the extensions directory as being in /usr/lib/php5/20131226. However the IcePHP.so file didn't make it in there, and running a "find / -iname icephp.so" doesn't give me any results. It seems like for whatever reason it never got installed on my system. Any idea what happened and how I can get that file so I can put it in the extensions directory?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• I didn't realize how new 16.04 was, a lot of the packages I was attempting to work with hadn't been setup in the repos per my documentation went back to trusty and it resolved my ice related issues. Thanks!

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain

We don't provide PHP packages for Ubuntu Xenial because it uses PHP7 and when we build Ice 3.6 packages for Xenial we didn't have PHP7 support in Ice 3.6, we have since backported PHP7 support to Ice 3.6 and you can build Ice for PHP using Ice 3.6 branch.