Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceGrid in the private network

My icegrid services run in Intranet, firewall do mapping for all ports , a public server register an adapter to icegrid dynamically, I found LocatorRegistry service can only provide a ip like 192.168.1.x, so registration failed, any solutions?

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
  • I can set published endpoints for a common adapter,but how to do with a icegrid, I mean locator registry proxy auto provide the ip when client try to register its adapter through the port 4061 and I don't know the name of locator registry, use IceGrid.Registry.Server.PublishedEndpoints?I had tried,fail!

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

Which Ice version do you use? Setting IceGrid.Registry.Server.PublishedEndpoints should work (verified with Ice 3.6.2).

However, you should be aware of the security implications of making these endpoints available on a public network. Unless you use SSL to secure this endpoint, this means any Ice application that has access to the endpoint might register and possibly override these endpoints.

See https://doc.zeroc.com/display/Ice36/Securing+IceGrid for information on how to secure IceGrid.

Cheers,
    Benoit.