Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

False positive for error: Invalid Ice Home Directory, in IceBuilder Plugin for Eclipse in Linux

In Linux, we get the error "Invalid Ice Home Directory", when setting up the IceBuilder plug in Window-->Preferences->Ice Builder.
This isn't a real error and we can actually get the system to build properly.

I looked through the source code and think I found the error:

File: ice-builder-eclipse/java/IceBuilderPlugin/src/com/zeroc/icebuilderplugin/internal/Configuration.java
Method: private static String getSliceDirectory(String dir)

This method uses File.pathSeparator (":" on Linux) a number of places, instead of File.separator ("/" on Linux). This causes null to be returned from the method which triggers this false error.

Note: I see File.pathSeparator used many places. It didn't check it out in detail, but I suspect this is probably wrong in at least some of these cases as well.

Tagged:

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for bringing this up we will fix it in the next release of the plug-in.

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL

Hi Stephen,

This bug is fixed in the latest Ice Builder code, but we have not released a new Ice Builder version yet.

I also created a corresponding issue here: https://github.com/zeroc-ice/ice-builder-eclipse/issues/2

In the future, please create a GitHub issue directly when reporting Ice Builder bugs.

Thanks,
    Bernard

• joegeorge
    joegeorge Jupiter, Florida

@pheiff Ice Builder for Eclipse v4.1.1 has been released with a fix for this issue.

• I am going to test this out. We still have a critical bug in this plug-in though (see Slice Linux/Windows Inconsistencies). Will test if that got fixed.

• This problem was fixed by upgrading, thank you!

• joegeorge
    joegeorge Jupiter, Florida

Glad to hear!