Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Is this is a bug for IceGrid ? Or not support this feature ?

mill888
edited April 2018 in Help Center

Hi:
I am using ice 3.2.1 on AIX 5.3 based on xlC 8.
I run icegridregistry on machine A; and run icegridnode for Node1 on machine B, and run my servers on machine B manually;
If I only restart icegridnode for Node1 on machine B, I found client can not locate servers on machine B, and in IceGridGui, it shows the servers is Inactive. So I had to also restart servers on machine B.But this is not what I want. I want after restart of icegridnode, there is no need of restart the servers
So, why ? It is a bug for icegrid of version 3.2.1, or it does not support this feature in any version of icegrid ? or it has a option to open this feature.

Tagged:

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

This should work with Ice 3.2. Can you post the deployment descriptor for your 2 servers? Are you using a replica group for both servers?

Cheers,
    Benoit.

• yeah, I am using replica group;
    On machine B, I run icegridnode and my servers manually;
    After I start icegridnode , then start my servers manually, all is OK.

But If I restart icegridnode , but not restart my servers , then Client can not locate the "zjyw" Object;
    So I had to restart my servers in order to Client can locate the "zjyw" Object;

But this is not I want:

I want : after restart icegridnode, there is no need of restart my servers.

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

It's not clear how you use the IceGrid nodes. What do you mean exactly by "manually start the server"? Servers managed by IceGrid must be started by IceGrid. They can be started manually with the icegridadmin or IceGrid GUI "server start" command but you shouldn't start them by hand. The IceGrid node needs to be able to monitor the lifetime of the servers to allow the IceGrid registry to know if the server can be located or not for the purpose of the replication.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

• my "manually start the server" means that I start my server outside of any IceGrid command.
    for example, my server exe name is server_zjyw, then I start my server using command server_zjyw , not using icegridadmin or IceGrid GUI ;