Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

OpenSSLPluginI.cpp doesn't compile against OpenSSL 0.97a

Hi,

Once again, I'm aware that you specified 0.96, but the chances that I'm going to download and maintain different versions for different applications are small. So, until there's absolutely no choice, I'm going to keep trying against the latest versions of things.

Anyway, for some odd reason, OpenSSL seemes to have changed the e_os.h file to e_os2.h, causing this error:
c++ -c -I.. -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -I../../include  -I/home/derekt/e2fsprogs-1.32/lib -g -ftemplate-depth-128 -fPIC -Wall OpenSSLPluginI.cpp
OpenSSLPluginI.cpp:35:26: openssl/e_os.h: No such file or directory

Yes, it's annoying that OpenSSL did this, but there it is.

Regards,
Derek.

PS I am not a crackpot.

Comments

• OpenSSL 0.9.7 has this file in the source tree, it just doesn't install it!

OpenSSL 0.9.6 installs it properly, so I've switched to that. So, if anyone else strikes this, that's what it is.

Regards,
    Derek.
  • mes
    mes California
    There are plenty of files in the OpenSSL 0.97a source distribution that include e_os.h, but I get the sense that this file is no longer meant for public consumption (perhaps it never was).

I think it's safe to assume that the next Ice release will support the latest stable releases of the packages we depend on.

I see that there's a security release of OpenSSL (0.96i). Did you use this version successfully?
  • Originally posted by mes
    There are plenty of files in the OpenSSL 0.97a source distribution that include e_os.h, but I get the sense that this file is no longer meant for public consumption (perhaps it never was).

That's possible, yet it seems strange that e_os2.h is still installed. I think it would be worth taking up with the OpenSSL team, it seems like a mistake to me.
    I think it's safe to assume that the next Ice release will support the latest stable releases of the packages we depend on.

In an ideal world, that would be nice. However I understand that when you depend on a few other packages, it starts to become difficult to keep up. Especially when they make controversial or sweeping changes ...
    I see that there's a security release of OpenSSL (0.96i). Did you use this version successfully?

That's what I'm using now. It seems to work fine. The demos are building now ...