Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

STL assertion failure make test fails

Hi,

I should probably dig a little bit into the problem and ask me why I seem to be the only one to get this problem, but I think it could interrest you.

The compilation process was absolutely succesful, but when I execute "make test" I get the following error message (the quote above concern only the part IcePack/deployer where the error occurs)

The STLport debug assertion message is very clear, but with my knowledge I cannot find in Proxy.cpp or in a file around where exactly is the cause ot the assertion.

I compiled Ice with the "optimize flag" not set in Make.rules. I am on mdk 8.2, with gcc 2.96 and STLport 4.52 (for the rest I followed the requierment in INSTALL.LINUX).

Problematic output for "make test":

*** running tests in ./test/IcePack/deployer:

starting icepack registry... ok
starting icepack node... ok
deploying application... ok
starting client... ok

../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.c(465): STL error: Iterators used in expression are from different owners
/quadrature/STLport/stlport/stl/debug/_iterator.h(346): STL assertion failure : __check_same_owner_or_null(__x, __y)

../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.c(465): STL error: Iterators used in expression are from different owners
/quadrature/STLport/stlport/stl/debug/_iterator.h(346): STL assertion failure : __check_same_owner_or_null(__x, __y)
Proxy.cpp:1038: Ice::NoEndpointException:
no suitable endpoint available for proxy `IceBox1-Service1 -t @ Service1-IceBox1.Service1'
test server registration...ok
testing adapter registration... ok
testing object registration... ok
pinging server objects... failed
removing application... ok
deploying application with target... ok
starting client... ok

Proxy.cpp:1038: Ice::NoEndpointException:
no suitable endpoint available for proxy `IceBox1-Service1 -t @ Service1-IceBox1.Service1'
test server registration...ok
testing adapter registration... ok
testing object registration... ok
pinging server objects... ok
testing service configuration... failed
removing application... ok
shutting down icepack node... ok
shutting down icepack registry... ok

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi Sylvain,

Did you try with STLport 4.5.3? The test suite works fine for me with Redhat 7.3 and STLport 4.5.3.

If you still have problems with 4.5.3, you could try to enable core files ("ulimit -c unlimited") and see where the assert is occuring (assuming you have a recent Linux distribution and debugger, I had many problems with core files in the past on Linux...).

Benoit.
  • Hi Benoit,

thank you for your reply: with STLport 4.5.3 everything works perfectly, from compilation to test. Not a single warning.

So I suppose there is some bug in STLport 4.5.2 or at least slight incompatibility with Ice 1.0.1.

If somebody is interrested in, I can still try to find out what the problem is with STLport 4.5.2 and my configuration.

Thanks again

Sylvain