Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

runtime problem: Freeze lib symbol db_env_create

Hello!

I'm currently trying to understand indirect binding and therefore tried the example in /demo/IcePack/hello. Whenever I try to start

icepacknode --Ice.Config=config,

there is this error:

icepacknode: relocation error: /..../Ice-1.1.1/lib/libFreeze.so.11: undefined symbol: db_env_create

This also happens when trying to start the icepackregistry. When examining the libFreeze.so.11, I get

U db_env_create

which means undefined (according to the manpage). So what is this? Did I forget something? Something wrong with my libs? I would really appreciate some help, since I also do not have that much experience programming under GNU/Linux.

Ingmar

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hello Ingmar,

db_env_create is a symbol from libdb, the Berkeley DB library.
    If you do:
    ldd $ICE_HOME/bin/icepacknode
    you should see which libdb library you're using.

It looks like it does not match the db header you used to build Freeze. Maybe your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf [see ld.so(8)] is not setup properly?

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Originally posted by bernard
    It looks like it does not match the db header you used to build Freeze.

Bernard [/B]

Aaargh - my mistake was to simply copy a finished Ice build off another machine here and it obviously didn't work (completely different build, even another distribution...).
    I believe that getting the sources and compiling them myself should fix this. I must stop being that lazy.

Thanks alot!

Ingmar