Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

slice2cpp: relocation error: ... undefined symbol: yydebug

Hi!

---
Using ICE 1.1.0 on RedHat 9.0
---

I have modified the Slice grammar a bit and regenerated the parser by issuing the bison -d Grammar.y -o Grammar.cpp command.

Then I did make in the .../src/Slice directory and then as root I did make install in the same directory, which replaced my "libSlice.so.11" library.

When I run slice2cpp Printer.ice now I get
slice2cpp: relocation error: /opt/Ice-1.1.0/lib/libSlice.so.11: undefined symbol: yydebug

How do I have to build the "libSlice.so.11" library so that yydebug will be defined?

I haven't removed anything from the original grammar, so I guess yydebug isn't defined because I didn't pass the right options to bison, or something.

Thanks if anyone can help. I am not asking for anyone to debug my grammar, only to help me with the building commands. While this isn't directly using ICE, spreading knowledge about the innerworkings of the system, including how to modify it, will certainly help ICE in the long run.

Thanks again.
Catalin

Comments

• Have a look at my response to your other post. If you use the rules from config/Make.rules, you will not have this problem.