Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice 1.2.0 RPMs (Fedora Core 1)

I spent a little time last night packaging up our beloved Ice as RPMs, and now I share them with the world: Ice RPMs for Fedora Core 1. They work well enough for me to make the examples from the book go, and please let me know if they don't work for you.

Mike

Comments

• That's great! I would love to see Ice in the Fedora distribution. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.
  • I've discovered that IceBox doesn't work with those RPMs, likely due to a bad interaction between the -debuginfo machinations (which are, themselves, failing to package all the debug data) and the symbol lookup that IceBox does on its service libraries.

I'm going to try to remedy that with a new set tomorrow, as well as sending some polite-but-firm email to the people responsible for the -debuginfo macros. Apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced!

Mike
  • OK, I've made some new packages that work with IceBox, and they're up at the same place. I have a hunch as to how to make the debuginfo stuff work, but I'll need some more time to track that down, and work will beckon this week. In the interim, these packages should work (even if they are a little hefty).

Mike