Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

mono c# on win32

I've checked out out the c# implementation from the mono anoncvs server, and I'm trying to get it to compile under msvc7. There seem to be a few errors in the slice2cs code - is anybody else working on it?

bye
John

Comments

• I haven't looked at the slice2cs implementation in Mono yet. (I guess I had better go and have a look :) ) But we are currently working on a full native implementation of Ice in C#. Stay tuned...

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Hi,

I'm the author of the current Ice C# bits in mono, though unfortunately I haven't had much time to make progress on it in the past month or two. I never attempted to compile slice2cs under VC7 (or under windows at all, even).. please feel free to email me at vladimir@pobox.com with the errors and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

Incidentally, I'll go through and rename all of the Ice bits that I wrote as part of Ginzu to avoid any confusion with ZeroC's upcoming implementation. :)

- Vlad
  • Hi Vlad,

I'll take time next week to have a look at your slice2cpp. Seeing that a lot of language mapping issues are involved, it would be good to settle on a common mapping. I'll comment further once I know about more about how you approached this.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Been busy with other stuff. Here's a zip file containing some msvc .net project files, along with a diff for Gen.cpp and Main.cpp for the slice2cs program. It fixes some of the issues.

I'm not sure why two calls to the level increment and decrement are needed.

bye
    John
  • Hi,

Thank you for the patch.. but could you explain what the original problem(s) were? I just built with Visual Studio .NET 2003 (using your project files, I'll get those checked in asap) with only minor problems (<Gen.h> -> "Gen.h", and two methods in Gen that needed to return a boolean but didn't return anything).

Can you give me an example of the incorrect behaviour that's fixed by your changes to visitClassDefStart, so that I can add it to a set of test cases?

Thanks!

-- Vlad