Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Chinese forums on Ice

One of our Chinese users has told us about another Chinese forum on Ice, making it two so far:

http://www.flyingdonkey.com/cgi-bin/LB5000MX/forums.cgi?forum=7

http://gnuctt.net/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=9

None of us can read what's there, so we have no idea of the quality of those forums :rolleyes:

Apparently, there are are also a number of articles on Ice in a Chinese on-line magazine at http://www.csdn.net/magazine/old/200308.shtm.

Cheers,

Michi.

Comments

• Hi michi,

I am the moderator of the first forum listed above, and the author of the mentioned article. (It's actually published on a printed magazine named Programmer. The web page you refered to is just a table of contents of the magazine.)

Yes, I am in favour of Ice. :)

Regards,

Weida
  • I would *love* to get a copy of this article, even if I can't read it :)
  • Originally posted by weida
    Hi michi,

I am the moderator of the first forum listed above, and the author of the mentioned article. (It's actually published on a printed magazine named Programmer. The web page you refered to is just a table of contents of the magazine.)

Yes, I am in favour of Ice. :)

Hi Weida,

thanks for letting me know. Yes, I'd love to get a copy of this too! (No English version, I suspect?)

Cheers,

Michi.
  • See attached file for the article. I saved the file in utf-8 encoding. Should be displayed properly on English edition of Win 2000 or XP?

Good luck!

Weida
    ice.zip 12.9K
  • Originally posted by weida
    See attached file for the article. I saved the file in utf-8 encoding. Should be displayed properly on English edition of Win 2000 or XP?

Thanks a lot for that Weida!

The article displays correctly, but I'm afraid it's (almost) all Chinese to me! ;) But I could recognize a few salient quotes, such as our names, "Design by Committee", and "Basically, Ice is what we always wished CORBA would have been." :)

I hope Ice catches on in China!

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Maybe ZeroC Inc. can found a branch in China .

Commercial support is needed for big projects.
    :D
  • China is certainly becoming the next world leader.

Although our products are developed here in the Philippines and sold world wide ... a lot of our customers are actually based in China. It even came to a point where we give priority to hiring programmers who can speak Fukien and/or Mandarin.

I've also met (and worked) with chinese systems analyst and programmers for various projects. I'm particularly impressed with the people coming from Beijing University.

:)
  • I study CORBA through Michi Henning 's book (Advance CORBA base C++ ??? ).Through this book I can use CORBA and make the parallel program. I admire Michi for his ability. So, when I learn the ICE project first, I feel friendliness .
    Congratulate the ICE become the net's further.
  • Hi,
    There are lots of DOC fans in China. :) You are not lonely. On the other hand, ICE's forum and comp.object.corba are the places for ICE discuss. Michi, do you think setupping a newgroup is necessary?
  • The forum have few visiters and articles.

If you permit, I would like to do some translate to Chinese.
  • Oh, yes, I knew ICE from Programmer written by Weida.
    Thank you, Weida.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Originally posted by yomi
    The forum have few visiters and articles.

If you permit, I would like to do some translate to Chinese.

Of course, please feel free to translate articles or postings.
  • Expect Weida's translation about ICE. I have read his translation works about ACE, he is a good translator.I like ICE very much, it's just what I want.