Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

does ice support go through proxy server?

Hello everyone,

Ice client(in my computer) -->Proxy Server(in a computer running Wingate or other proxy application) --> Ice Server(in a server in internet)

as show above,if there is no the Proxy Server,the communication is OK,but the Proxy Server make client can't connect server!

i just want to know if there is a way in Ice to make my work work?:(
a config? or other way?

thanks!

Comments

• That's what we have Glacier for, a firewall/router/session manager. Have a look at the Glacier documentation in the manual for details.
  • Reading your post again, if you only have a plain client/server communications, i.e., if there are no callbacks, then you don't need Glacier at all. You only need Glacier if your client also acts as a server, i.e., if you have callbacks.

Provided that you only have pure request/response (no callbacks), what problems do you exactly have with using a proxy server? An Ice client to an Ice server is no different than a Web browser to a Web server in this case.
  • thanks for your response,marc.

And sorry I don't point out there is no callback and Glacier and just a "pure request/response" :) .

I also think "an Ice client to an Ice server is no different than a Web browser to a Web server in this case". I have writen a web client using raw socket in the enviroment with prosy server, it connect the proxy server and send HTTP request with destination web server address in http header according HTTP protocol.

And I just want to know how solve the problem in ICE. Wish the best way is a config item ^_^.

thanks again!