Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Sincronithing services

xdm
xdm La Coruña, Spain
Helow Zeroc

I have developed an IceBox service that use a FreezeEvictor and running it whith icepack all is working ok

But now I want to dupliacte the service in other Machine and mataining dubplicated the databases.

One machine runing my service for the local network
And other machine runing the same service for the Inet

(the tow services has the same copys of the objects all the time)

There are same way to do it easy in Ice?

thanks

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

Are you asking whether the two services can share the same Freeze database? If so, I'm afraid that's not possible.

Do you really need to run two instances of the service? If you are doing this for security reasons, have you considered running a single instance of the service and using Glacier as a firewall?

Take care,
    - Mark
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    My interest is use the same database. I want to resolve the Prx of local clients in A local Adapter and the Prx of Inet clients in the Inet Adapter (can i publish the objects of evictor in multiple adapters)
  • mes
    mes California
    Yes, you can register a Freeze Evictor as a servant locator for multiple adapters.

However, if you haven't read the chapter on Glacier, I recommend that you take a look at it, as it was designed to handle the situation I think you're describing. Essentially, your Internet clients would be configured with a "router" proxy specifying a Glacier endpoint. Your service can supply proxies containing local network addresses to your Internet clients, but those addresses are not used directly by the client when the client is configured with a router. Instead, the client communicates only with the router (i.e., Glacier), and Glacier uses the proxy addresses to establish a local connection to your service to forward requests from clients.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    I don't won't that inet client's resolve proxys to my local network because I haven't enought band width

Now I current working with a dedicate server in a housing center for all the client's

in theese server I run and IceBox service whith a freeze database

and a webserver that it's a client of the previous service (Inet clients acces ice throw this web server)

and I have a local network whith multiple clients of the service I wan that these client acces to a local service in place of acced direct to internet only for reduce the number of connections and band widht usage

can i make a local service and register the FrezeEvictor of inet service as the servant locator of the local service? Have this sense for you?

Thank's for all