Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice on MacOS?

Hi! Do you plan or are already working on support for MacOS? There was a patch posted by Benoit, but it does not seem to work so well with MacOS 10.3 and Fink (using gcc 3.3).

Ingmar

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Yes, we are planning to support MacOS X in the near future (probably next release or release after). It's actually now much easier to compile it on MacOS X 10.3 since there's now support for dlopen and recursive mutexes directly in Darwin. Fink is no longer necessary. If you are interested in trying it out I could send you a patch.

Benoit.
  • Yes, that would be very kind, thanks!

Ingmar
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Ok, I'll send you a patch as soon as I get everything to work reasonably well (before the end of this week).

Benoit.
  • A patch for Panther was posted earlier. It doesn't completely fix the problem with Ice 1.2 on Panther due to the non-standard implementation of POXIS thread on Panther. I won't suggest to use it for production but it's OK for development.

I am interested to see the official patch from ZeroC. I haven't figure the way to get around the POSIX problem. Basically, it comes down to several thread functions, namely signwait, doesn't not respect to the thread_cancel and block forever.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Thanks for you patch, it helped for the port! As promised, here's a patch to build Ice-1.2.0 on MacOS X 10.3: http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=408

Benoit.