Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Current ICE documentation

Hi everyone,

I'm considering in printing out the documentation for the current version of ICE from the PDF file. I find it easier to read a hardcopy than to stare at the moniter. It is HUGE I know, but I will only print selected portions for now. The question that I have is when will the next version of ICE be released and if it is released than how much will the PDF be updated to accomodate the nrew release? I just don't want to print out large portions of the PDF file only to realise that it may be changed fairly soon. Thanks in advance.

John

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    The next version of the documentation will be released with the next version of Ice.

As usual, there will be minor corrections everywhere, but these corrections are probably not important enough to re-print the manual. However, there will also be two new chapters, one for facets, and one for IcePatch. Since these chapters don't exist yet, you can simply only print these two new chapters once the new documentation is released.
  • Thanks Marc. Out of curiosity, could you say when the next release of ICE will be?

John
  • marc
    marc Florida
    We don't have a date for the next release yet.
  • No problem Marc. Thanks for your prompt replies. Your help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

John
  • John,

Last year, my office purchased a Sharp AR-M450 and to test it ... we printed out the ICE 1.1.0b documentation. Well, I printed it out pamphlet style ... folded at the middle and 4 pages back to back.

What I'm saying is that even though there are new versions of the document, the changes are minor enough that I still carry around my printed version. Its easier to read than the monitor. ;)

r/Alex
  • My thoughts exactly Alex. It's much easier to read and, as you said, I can carry it around with me. Thanks for your info and thanks again to Marc. I'd better start printing.

Regards,

John