Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

articles about ICE

I am taking a distributed systems course this semester, and for my final paper and presentation I am covering ICE. Mostly it will be an overview and comparison to CORBA (that is what we studied in the course). But I am looking for reference papers about ICE. So far I only have the IEEE and ACM articles that were posted on the zeroc site, and I will also make some references to the manual. Anyone know of any other good reference material that I can use?

Thanks,
Marc

Comments

• Check the references... the one on the zeroc site does not match the ACM Site

Massively Multiplayer Middleware

ACM Queue vol. 1, no. 10 - February 2004
    by Michi Henning, ZeroC

Bibtex!

@Article{Henning2004mmm,
    author = {Michi Henning},
    title = {Massively Multiplayer Middleware},
    journal = {ACM Queue Magazine},
    year = 2004,
    volume = 1,
    number = 10,
    month = {February}
    }

@Article{Henning2004naoo,
    author = {Michi Henning},
    title = {A New Approach to Object-Oriented Middleware},
    journal = {IEEE Internet Computing},
    year = 2004,
    volume = 8,
    number = 1,
    pages = {66-75}
    }
  • Originally posted by Tim
    Check the references... the one on the zeroc site does not match the ACM Site

The article on the ACM site is formatted differently, but identical in content. The version on the ZeroC web site is identical to the version that appeared in print.

Our apologies about the scarcity of material on Ice, but the platform is simply too new for people (other than ourselves) to have written much about it.

One thing you might find interesting is the CORBA/Ice comparison at http://www.zeroc.com/iceVsCorba.html

Cheers,

Michi.
  • I actually meant the journal volume and number reference, not the content.
    you reference it as

(Vol 2, Issue 1, February 2004).

but from the site it is referenced as

Is there a print version I should be referencing?

Thanks for the pointer to the other material, however, "web references" are hard to use for citations.

tim...
  • Originally posted by Tim
    I actually meant the journal volume and number reference, not the content.
    you reference it as

(Vol 2, Issue 1, February 2004).

but from the site it is referenced as

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! vol 1, no 10 is correct. I've fixed the citation on our web site, thanks!
    Is there a print version I should be referencing?

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean now. There was one printed version published in vol. 1, no. 10 - February 2004. A PDF file with an exact copy of the printed material is on our web site at http://www.zeroc.com/documents/acm.pdf.

The version that is on the ACM web site is formatted differently. It contains the full text of the article, but with different layout.

Cheers,

Michi.