Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Add support for Tru64Unix

Hi:
Would you like to add a make rules to help us porting ICE to Tru64UNIX? We now using Tru64Unix Version 5.1A.

I think Tru64 is a important UNIX,even now it will be replaced with HP-UX.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    Mostl likely you won't have to change much. I suggest to use the HP-UX rules as a basis.
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    You may want to start with 5.1B, because it provides /dev/random and /dev/urandom. This will make the UUID generation in IceUtil a lot easier to port.

Also have a look at Make.rules.SunOS if you use the Compaq C++ compiler. Both Compaq C++ and Sun CC 5.4 use template repositories.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • my OSF1 patch & make log

Dear marc,bernard:

Thank you for your advices. I have added a Make.rules.OSF1 file to the
    ICE-1.5.0 release source and add some patches to make the build work.The build successed with some warning messages,please see the attatch file make.log.I greatly appreciate your any suggestions.

Thanks again!
  • And my patch file is here
    ../../bin/slice2cpp --ice --include-dir Ice --dll-export ICE_API -I../../slice ../../slice/Ice/LocalException.ice
    when I execute the slice2cpp manually,I got the follow output:
    ../../bin/slice2cpp --ice --include-dir Ice --dll-export ICE_API -I../../slice ../../slice/Ice/LocalException.ice
    exception system: exiting due to multiple internal errors:
    exception dispatch or unwind stuck in infinite loop
    exception system: exiting due to multiple internal errors:
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    It's hard to say why slice2cpp is crashing. I recommend you look at the stack trace with the core dump.

You should also double-check icecpp, since so far we've only built it for 32 bit.

Finally, you should use the latest or a very recent version of Compaq C++ ... it would be sad to be affected by an old bug!

Cheers,
    Bernard