Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

a foolish question

$ slice2freezej -I$(ICE_HOME)/slice --dict \
Filesystem.IdentityNodeMap,Ice::Identity,\
Filesystem::PersistentNode\
Filesystem.ice $(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice

this command was in manual

I don't know the means of these parameters in this command ,pls tell me,thanks

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    The first argument (--dict) says that this command creates a Freeze for Java dictionary with the name Filesystem.IdentityNodeMap. The keys for this dictionary are of type Ice::Identity, and the values are of type Filesystem::PersistentNode. The two remaining arguments are slice files to look up the definition for the key and value types.
  • Originally posted by marc
    The first argument (--dict) says that this command creates a Freeze for Java dictionary with the name Filesystem.IdentityNodeMap. The keys for this dictionary are of type Ice::Identity, and the values are of type Filesystem::PersistentNode. The two remaining arguments are slice files to look up the definition for the key and value types.

oh,but what's the relation of "IdentityNodeMap" and "Filesystem" in "Filesystem.IdentityNodeMap"? Is Filesystem a package?

and what's the relation of "PersistentNode" and "Filesystem" in "Filesystem::PersistentNode"?

Could you give me a example about the generation of Struct1Struct2Map.java in example "bench" of Freeze?
    I failed although I tried a lot of times.

Thank you very much!!
  • Here is how to read the command:
    $ slice2freezej -I$(ICE_HOME)/slice --dict \
    Filesystem.IdentityNodeMap,Ice::Identity,Filesystem::PersistentNode \
    Filesystem.ice $(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice

- Create a dictionary called IdentityNodeMap inside the Filesystem package.

- The dictionary maps from the Slice type Ice::Identity to the Slice type Filesystem::PersistentNode. "Ice" is a Slice module containing the definition of "Identity", and "Filesystem" is a Slice module containing the definition of "PersistentNode".

- The relevant definitions of the Slice types involved can be found in the source files Filesystem.ice and $(ICE_HOME)/slice/Ice/Identity.ice.

BTW -- you can find this explanation in the Freeze chapter of the documentation.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Thank you very much!