Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Reference for Metadata tags

I might just be dense, but I haven't been able to find a complete list that describes which metadata tags are understood by the different slice translators.

Specifically I'm curious if there is a C++ equivalent to the java:type: directive, as I would like map a sequence to a std::set.

mvh

Nis

Comments

• The metadata directives that are currently supported are:

ami, amd (for all languages)

java:type (for Java)

cs:collection, cs:class (for C#)

C++ does not have an equivalent of the Java metadata directive to control the type of a sequence.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Possibly this belongs on the 'Suggestions for improvements to ICE' thread, put are there any plans to extend the type directive C++ (And the other languages).

Alternately, would it be possible to simple change the typedefinition by hand in the generated .h file, or do other parts of ICE rely on the sequence being a std::vector ? Of course it would be bothersome to have to do it by hand everytime the .ice file changed, but it would be nice to know if it would be feasible.

mvh

Nis
  • It would certainly be possible (and not so difficult) to allow a set mapping for sequences in C++ with the help of metadata. The only reason we didn't add this yet is because so far nobody needed this feature.