Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

can't use freeze in IceBox

I can use freeze in normal application, but I can't use freeze in IceBox.

The error in icebox's log is :
Sep 13 08:49:32 tester icebox[4245]: Berkeley DB: DbEnv "/home/smsc/site/dbdata": unable to join the environment
Sep 13 16:49:32 tester icebox[4245]: Berkeley DB: DbEnv "/home/smsc/site/dbdata": no base system shared memory ID specified

in my log is:
2004-09-13 GMT08:49:32 ERROR [pnote_data.cpp:31] Ice start error,error is: SharedDbEnv.cpp:352: Freeze::DatabaseException:
DbEnv::open: Invalid argument

what's error in IceBox?

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Which OS are you using?

If you are using a Linux with both LinuxThreads and NPTL, it could be an environment variable issue.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • I am use redhat linux Advanced Server 3.0,fedora core 1 and with both LinuxThreads and NPTL, How can I set an environment variable
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    On a Linux with both NPTL and LinuxThreads, such as RedHat 9, each process can only use one thread package. On RedHat 9, if you set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.4.1, you'll use LinuxThreads, and if you don't set it, you'll use NPTL.

I suspect you use (and want to use) NTPL, so check that you don't set the env variable LD_ASSUME_KERNEL anywhere, that your Berkeley DB was configured to use NPTL threads (nm libdb_cxx.so | grep pthread), and make sure to link all your libraries with -lpthread.

You should also use Ice 1.3 or later (preferrably 1.5.1):
    http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365

Cheers,
    Bernard