Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE Demos' server run failure

I am trying to run a few of the demos for ICE 1.5.1 and I am getting some sort of exception. I compiled the demos under .NET 2003 no problem. E.g. in demo\Ice\callback running server.exe brings up a little message box saying:
The ordinal 2604 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll
clicking ok spits this out to the console:
server: .\PluginManagerI.cpp:182: Ice::PluginInitializationException:
plug-in initialization failed: unable to load entry point `IceSSL:create'
and the server exits. The hello demo has this same problem while the latency demo runs fine. I am running Windows XP SP2 (could be the problem?).

Also, is there any documentation on the demos? I saw a small blurb in the README file in the ICE directory but that is all?

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi Ryan,

This looks like a problem with the SSL libraries (e.g., the program is attempting to use a different version of the SSL libraries than it was compiled with).

Did you use the Windows installer for Ice? If so, have you set your PATH properly so that the Ice third-party libraries are being found?

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Ah hah!

Thanks Mark,

Yup, I was post-pending instead pre-pending the Ice\bin folder to the path and I had an older version of that same dll in my Windows\system32 folder. Should of figured. Things are working as expected now.

Regards,
    Ryan
  • help

when I use old version libeay32.dll in folder "system32",
    The ordinal 2604 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll

when I use libeay32.dll in D:\Ice-1.5.1\bin,
    The ordinal 968 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll

vc++: 7.1.3308

what's wrong??
    thanks
    darwin
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Try to copy the OpenSSL DLLs from D:\Ice-1.5.1\bin to the directory where your .exe is.
    Windows XP looks for DLLs in system32 *before* the directories listed in your PATH.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • I'm having the same problems as darwin... I have Windows XP Professional SP2 and I have renamed all other libeay32.dll files so it really should be the one that was included that fails for some mysterious reason...
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    OpenSSL consists of 2 DLLs, libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll. Make sure you don't have a version in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32.

With XP, copying the proper DLLs to the directory of your exe ensures it will use them.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • Thanks, that's it!