Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

maybe memory leak in Linux

Hi all:

I have tested my ICE program in redhat linux advanced server 3.0 and fedora core 1, I have found an interest things that linux memory is used more and more,but my ICE program used memory is not increase. is this memory leak?

I don't know this problem is in linux or in ICE?

The following is my test:

use top to see the followning parameter

begin :

linux total : used: 56,600k free: 198,852k
my program: size: 2544 share: 2304

when I run my program through one day(only run my ICE program)
end:

linux total : used: 249,572k free: 5,916k
my program: size: 2544 share: 2304

the result is my ICE program is constant , but linux 's memory has increased very large. what's trouble ?

Comments

• There is no known memory problem with Ice under Linux (or with any other supported operating system). In order to help you, we would need to see the code that causes the problem.
  • I would also like to see the source code. As Marc says, we are not aware of any memory leak issues, but it wouldn't hurt to check this. Could you post or e-mail the source code please?

Cheers,

Michi.
  • Sorry, these days I am on vacation beacuse of china National Day.
    Attachement is my client program, and I watch memory leak also through client program.

thanks
  • HI marc:
    Have you any result of source code what I uploaded?
  • I can compile the code you sent and run the client. But the client complains that DBEngineHome.prx is not set. From looking at the code, it is not clear to me what to set this property to -- there isn't any place in the code that would register a servant with an object adapter.

Can you please distill this code down to a minimal example that demonstrates the leak, together with instructions on how to reproduce the problem? We can't help you otherwise, I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Michi.
  • Hi michi:
    Thanks for quickly response.

you hava saw that the client is very simple, it's only use AMI to send data to server and receive data from server. I don't use any dynamic malloc memory exception ICE it's self , I think this problem is in ICE inner, but I can't find it from log . I will upload a simple server to demonstrates the leak