Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

daemonization

Hi !

My server (Ice::Service) does not want to become a daemon on some Linuxes (e.g. RH7.3).
The first original process is not terminated.
There is no problem on newer Linuxes.
I don't know is it a bug/feature/"undefined_behaviour" of glibc.

The problem is in the parent part of Ice::Service::runDaemon() which finishes with the
'return exit_code' statement.
Could you replace it with '_exit(exit_code)' (note underscore).

Best regards, Nikolai

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi Nikolai,

We'll change this, thanks.

Take care,
    - Mark
  • Hi Mark,

I have a suspicioin that if I submit more than one question to the "Ice Support" during one day,
    I get an answer on only one question. Is it true ?

For example, few days ago I submitted two threads and did not get any answer on one of them
    (subject "fds[1]=0", group "Bug Reports"). Of course, the problem mentioned in the thread
    "fds[1]=0" is not very important but because there was no answer (even like "We'll see")
    I suspect that it could be a problem in the Forum software.

Best regards, Nikolai
  • mes
    mes California
    Originally posted by nsns
    I have a suspicioin that if I submit more than one question to the "Ice Support" during one day, I get an answer on only one question. Is it true ?
    No, we don't intentionally limit our responses.
    For example, few days ago I submitted two threads and did not get any answer on one of them (subject "fds[1]=0", group "Bug Reports"). Of course, the problem mentioned in the thread "fds[1]=0" is not very important but because there was no answer (even like "We'll see") I suspect that it could be a problem in the Forum software.
    Sorry, we sometimes get distracted answering questions and simply forgot to respond to this one. There is no problem with the forum.

Take care,
    - Mark