Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about IceSSL

why is IceSSL unavailable for Java?
will you plan to implement IceSLL for Java,recently?
If i implement IceSLL for Java by myself,can you give me some advices
and what should i do?

Comments

• SSL for Java is on our todo list. You will need Java 1.5 for that though. (The reason that we didn't do this earlier is simply that SSL wasn't available for Java.)

Doing this yourself is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's quite an involved job that affects many parts of the Ice core. If you want to go ahead, you can look at Ice for C++ for inspiration. But be prepared to have to put a lot of effort into this.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • >SSL for Java is on our todo list. You will need Java 1.5 for that though. (The reason that we didn't do this earlier is simply that SSL wasn't available for Java.)

Michi.when will your icessl for java be available?

Doing this yourself is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's quite an involved job that affects many parts of the Ice core. If you want to go ahead, Michi.you can look at Ice for C++ for inspiration. But be prepared to have to put a lot of effort into this.

Michi.I'd like to look into icessl for c++, are there any documents about it? Furthuremore, more details about Ice achitecture?
  • Originally posted by sec_freebird
    when will your icessl for java be available?

I'm sorry, I can't give you a date for this just now. We may get this into the next release of Ice, but we don't have a date as yet. The general time frame will be "a few months".
    you can look at Ice for C++ for inspiration. But be prepared to have to put a lot of effort into this.

Michi.I'd like to look into icessl for c++, are there any documents about it? Furthuremore, more details about Ice achitecture?

No, I'm sorry. You can look at the SSL documentation in the book, and at the source code; there aren't any other documents about the architecture.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • first ,thanks for your reply!
    can you tell me ,how to use openssl in ice?
    use dll by call openssl's api funcations?
    how is openssl integated in ice?

thank you !
  • Originally posted by michi
    SSL for Java is on our todo list. You will need Java 1.5 for that though. (The reason that we didn't do this earlier is simply that SSL wasn't available for Java.)

Doing this yourself is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's quite an involved job that affects many parts of the Ice core. If you want to go ahead, you can look at Ice for C++ for inspiration. But be prepared to have to put a lot of effort into this.

Cheers,

Michi.

???
    I think that jsse is available in j2sdk 1.4 together with Sun provider.....

Your plan is that ice for Java can use SSL only with Java 1.5 ?

Guido.
  • Have a look at the discussion in this thread:

http://www.zeroc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=846
  • hi marc, in your book, you say,
    openssl is used by Icessl,
    how is openssl is used in Icessl,
    use dll by call openssl's API?
    i want to know some technical details.
    i am a student,i want to analyze it for inspiration
  • Let me suggest that you simply have a look at the source code of IceSSL, which you'll find in the Ice source code distribution.
  • thank you for your reply!