Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Using Glacier2 v. 3.2 with 3.1.1 clients

Hi Folks,

I am trying to set up the infrastructure similar to Glacier2 Callback example. I am doing it for the first time so obviously it does not work from the first attempt :) .

In particular, after exchanging with several SSL packets between client and Glacier2, my client getting the following error: RouterInfo.cpp:166: Ice::NoEndpointException:
no suitable endpoint available for proxy `' . I am using SSL with provided NullSSLPermissionsVerifier .

Since I am using Glacier2 v. 3.2 and my applications are compiled with Ice 3.1.1, I want to ask whether it could be a problem before digging deeper in debugging.

Thank you very much,
Andrey.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Could you please fill out your organization and project before we answer your problem? Please note that we only provide free support only on the current version of Ice.
  • Thank you for the quick response.
    matthew wrote: »
    Could you please fill out your organization and project before we answer your problem?

Done.
    matthew wrote: »
    Please note that we only provide free support only on the current version of Ice.

Ok. Then I can basically reformulate my questions as "are there any known compatibility issues with the current version of Glacier2 and older clients such as v. 3.1.1?

Thank you,
    Andrey.
  • marc
    marc Florida
    You must set a property for compatibility with pre Ice-3.2 clients. From the CHANGES file:
    - Added the property Glacier2.ReturnClientProxy to control whether
      Glacier2's implementation of the Router::getClientProxy() operation
      returns a proxy or just null. By default this property is set to 0.
      For backward compatibility with clients that use Ice versions older
      than 3.2, this property must be set to 1.

• marc wrote: »
    You must set a property for compatibility with pre Ice-3.2 clients. From the CHANGES file:
    - Added the property Glacier2.ReturnClientProxy to control whether
      Glacier2's implementation of the Router::getClientProxy() operation
      returns a proxy or just null. By default this property is set to 0.
      For backward compatibility with clients that use Ice versions older
      than 3.2, this property must be set to 1.

Thank you very much Marc! It solved the problem!

Thank you,
    Andrey.