Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

latest patch by michi

xdm
xdm La Coruña, Spain
latest patch submit by michi say
the attached patch fixes a problem with the class garbage collector in Ice for C++ that can result in double-deletion of class instances.

Note that the patch is not binary compatible, so you need to recompile client/server code after recompiling Ice.

This patch will be included in the 3.1 release.

I need install this pathc with Ice-3.0.1? are other patch for ice 3.0.0 not present in Ice-3.0.1 for java or c++

thanks all you

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Yes, you need to install this patch for Ice 3.0.1. Since we ensure that all patch releases are binary compatible with the previous version, we did not include this change in 3.0.1. As Michi stated it will be included in the 3.1 release.

I am not aware of any other binary incompatible patches that did not make it into the 3.0.1 release.

Regards.
    Dwayne
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    This [thread=1933]IceGrid patch[/thread] wasn't included into Ice 3.0.1 as well since it would have potentially broken existing configuration. It will be included in Ice 3.1.0.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Patch broken Ice-3.0.1 compilation

Hi

i apply this tow pathcs but same are skiped and them compilation is broken

Patch ouput
    pepone@localhost /opt/src/Ice-3.0.1 $ patch -p0 < IceGrid-Path-by-Beniot.txt
    patching file src/IceBox/ServiceManagerI.cpp
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 7.
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 208 (offset 1 line).
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/IceBox/ServiceManagerI.cpp.rej
    patching file src/IceGrid/ServerI.cpp
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1787.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/IceGrid/ServerI.cpp.rej
    pepone@localhost /opt/src/Ice-3.0.1 $ patch -p0 < IceGrid-patch-by-Michi.txt
    patching file include/Ice/GC.h
    patching file include/Ice/GCShared.h
    patching file src/Ice/GC.cpp
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    6 out of 6 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file src/Ice/GC.cpp.rej
    patching file src/Ice/GCShared.cpp
    patching file src/slice2cpp/Gen.cpp
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 3156 (offset -5 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 3222 (offset -5 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 3291 (offset -5 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 3345 (offset -5 lines).
    patching file test/Ice/gc/Client.cpp

Compilation error
    c++ -c -I.. -I../../include  -DICE_BOX_API_EXPORTS -I/opt/db/include   -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -g ServiceManagerI.cpp
    ServiceManagerI.cpp: In member function `void
       IceBox::ServiceManagerI::load(const std::string&, const std::string&)':
    ServiceManagerI.cpp:210: error: no class template named `Options' in `IceUtil'
    make[2]: *** [ServiceManagerI.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/Ice-3.0.1/src/IceBox'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/src/Ice-3.0.1/src'
    make: *** [all] Error 1

Compiler: gcc version 3.3.6 (Gentoo 3.3.6, ssp-3.3.6-1.0, pie-8.7.8)
    Db version:4.3.29

I have Ice-3.0.0 installed in this machine with all released patchs. is better update to Ice-3.0.1? when you relase a new patch for 3.0.1 is this compatible with Ice-3.0.0

thanks again
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    xdm wrote:
    I have Ice-3.0.0 installed in this machine with all released patchs. is better update to Ice-3.0.1? when you relase a new patch for 3.0.1 is this compatible with Ice-3.0.0

thanks again

The patches for 3.0.0 aren't compatible with 3.0.1. We will post new ones for 3.0.1 soon. The best is to upgrade to 3.0.1 and eventually apply these patches if you need them. Patches released for 3.0.1 won't necessarily be compatible with Ice 3.0.0.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hello Jose,

You'll find the patches [thread=2041]here[/thread] and [thread=2042]here[/thread].

Cheers,
    Benoit.