Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice for C# in ubuntu

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has tried ICE for C# in ubuntu? When I do make install the .dll files in ./bin does not get copied to the installation directory (/opt/IceCS-3.2.0), is this normal? I thought the files in the source directory is supposed to be copied over like ICE for C++.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    The dll's are installed into the GAC not into /opt. if you do gacutil -l you can get a list of all installed DLLs.
  • oh ic, but when it says I need to set the MONO_PATH variable I set it to /opt/IceCS-3.2.0/bin but that doesn't work, I have to set it to the directory where the .dlls are (which is where I compiled the source).

maybe this is just ubuntu specific...I think the version of mono might be one version behind.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    If the DLLs are in the GAC you don't need to set MONO_PATH at all to find the Ice DLLs. Perhaps the installation to the GAC failed?
  • matthew wrote: »
    If the DLLs are in the GAC you don't need to set MONO_PATH at all to find the Ice DLLs. Perhaps the installation to the GAC failed?

hmm...

how can I tell if it failed? the installation didn't produce any errors.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    As I previously said you can do a gacutil -l to list the DLLs that are installed in the GAC. You can also try running the installation commands manually (make -n install in src/Ice to see what the installation would do). Can you also please fix your profile information? You are required to have your full name in the profile to get free support on these forums.
  • I think it's because I'm not using the ubuntu package, so even though the dlls are getting installed with gacutil -i, mono (installed from a bin file) is not looking in the right places?

anyway, I think I can live with setting MONO_PATH for now. Thanks