Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE Java on Android 5.0 Lollipop

Hi,

I have an app that uses ICE and works fine in versions of Android >=4.0, but the app doesn't works (the app works good, but when uses ICE ... crash) with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Do you know if there are any problem with this Android version?

While I wait a confirmation that ICE works fine into Android 5.0, I will investigate the problem in my application.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• joegeorge
    joegeorge Jupiter, Florida
    Hi,

Could you provide a little more information about the crash your seeing. Do you have a stack trace?

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Hi Joe,

The crash occurs when I try:
    glacierRouter = RouterPrxHelper.checkedCast(communicator.getDefaultRouter());

The JVM doesn't write any error log, and the app really doesn't crash, but it doing nothing indefinitely.

Best regards,
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Hi Joe,

The crash occurs when I try:
    glacierRouter = RouterPrxHelper.checkedCast(communicator.getDefaultRouter());

The JVM doesn't write any error log, and the app really doesn't crash, but it doing nothing indefinitely.

Best regards,

That doesn't tell us very much. A stack trace would help. You could also enable network and protocol logging (Ice.Trace.Network=3, Ice.Trace.Protocol=1). Are you using SSL? Do you have a timeout set? What is the Glacier2 router proxy? Is the glacier2 port reachable? Does the android app have network permissions?
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    If your problem is caused by SSL then I just posted a patch which fixes SSL support under Lollipop with Ice 3.5.1.

http://www.zeroc.com/forums/patches/6341-patch-8-ice-3-5-1-fix-icessl-under-android-21-java-thread-pool.html#post27366
  • Thank you very much for your help. It is solved when applied the patch.

Best regards,