Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

'objc/Ice/LocalException.h' file not found

In version 3.6 it did not have any errors, but when updating to version 3.7 it does not find the file LocalException.h

Xcode 9.2, Objective-C, iOS 11.2

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

How did you set the "Additional SDKs" setting in your project? For information on how to use the Ice 3.7 Xcode SDKs, see the following link:

https://doc.zeroc.com/display/Ice37/Using+the+macOS+Binary+Distribution#UsingthemacOSBinaryDistribution-UsingXcodeSDKs

Cheers,
    Benoit.

• I followed the documentation, the strange thing that for the version 3.6 it works without problems, but when updating to version 3.7 it does not compile.

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi

We recommend using /usr/local/opt/ice/sdk/$(PLATFORM_NAME).sdk for the ADDITIONAL_SDKs setting.

According to your screenshot, it's set to /usr/local/opt/ice/sdk/iphoneos which is incorrect as it's missing the .sdk suffix, it should be /usr/local/opt/ice/sdk/iphoneos.sdk.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

• Thank you very much, download the sample projects and copy the settings and compiled again, only now I can not connect to the server.

If I return it to version 3.6 if it is connected. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

The ICEEndpointParseException indicates a problem with the endpoint of your proxy. Can you show us the string you are using for the proxy?

Cheers,
    Benoit.