Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

question about icegrid load balance for ice 3.2.1

mill888
edited April 2018 in Help Center

I had post a message on https://forums.zeroc.com/discussion/46613/question-about-icegrid-load-balance#latest
Although version >=3.5 has the function, But I had to use Ice 3.2.1, because I had to use AIX 5.3, and IBM XLC 8.0,and ice version >=3.2.1 can not be compiled on AIX 5.3, and IBM XLC 8.0.

So Anyone can patch it for me ?

Thanks ahead !

Tagged:

Comments

• mill888
    edited April 2018

correct a mistake: ice version > 3.2.1 (not version >= 3.2.1) can not be compiled on AIX 5.3, and IBM XLC 8.0.

I think it must be easy for you, just firstly check the server whether is enabled before Locate it.

But I do now know where to alter the souce code.

So Anyone can patch it for me ?

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

Ice 3.6 should build on AIX 6.1 with xlC 12.1 (see BuildInstructionsAIX.md). Could you perhaps upgrade your AIX system to this version to use a recent Ice version?

I'm afraid patching Ice 3.2.1 to support this feature is a bit of work and it's out the scope of the free support we can provide on the forums.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

• yeah, thank you for your answer;
    But I had to use AIX 5.3 withc xlC 8, Because I am just a student, and in my laboratory, there is only AIX 5.3 with xlC 8.

So, .....

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France

Hi,

The only other option I can think of would be to install a recent version of GCC and try to compile Ice 3.7 with it. This might require also building 3rd party dependencies (mcpp, lmdb, expat, openssl) or find binaries for them in a repository. You could checkout the AIX Toolbox for Linux from IBM to get GCC and other binaries needed to build Ice.

Cheers,
    Benoit.