Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about stl

as we know, ice needs stlport-4-5-3, but in my company, any project be asked to use cgi stl 5.3, so if you compile ice on cgi stl, then there are some link error about stl.
so my question is if you must use cgi stl, how can I use ice too!
Coz I like ice so much~~~ :)

Comments

• Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't even know what cgi stl is.

Ice works with a lot of STL implementations. STLport is only needed for Visual C++ 6.0, because the STL included by this compiler is too buggy. For GCC 3.x, the HP-UX C++ compiler, the Sun C++ compiler, or Visual C++ 7.0 or higher, you don't need STLport.
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Maybe you mean SGI STL:
    http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/FAQ.html

STLPort started as a port of SGI STL to new compilers ... so you can consider it the newest version of SGI STL.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • thanks all, yeah, cgi must be SGI, so sorry :)

yeah, we use vc++6.0, there are a few problems using the STLPort in vc++ 6.0, then the another question is when I compiler programme in vc++ 6.0 with STLPort, the compiler always tells me it need the lib file of STLPort, such as stlport_vc6_stldebug.lib, even the programme do not need any stl, why? And how to escape it! thanks again~
  • For VC++ 6.0, you must link your Ice programs with the STLport library, because the Ice header files and the generated code need this library.